Hard seltzer brands can now explore new, true-to-fruit, clean natural flavors with Blue California’s Destination Flavors Collection 2021 in their ready-to-drink (RTD) alcoholic beverages.
Inspired by favorite globetrotting getaways, spanning from Spain to Thailand to Aruba, the Destination Flavors collection captivates consumer taste buds within an arm’s reach of a dream vacation.
Destination Flavors Collection
- Catalan Crush has a destination of Barcelona, Spain, with a profile of fragrant, succulent peaches.
- Arctic Gem has a destination of St. Petersburg, Russia, with a profile of ripe, shimmering fresh raspberries.
- Pacific Blossom has a destination of Tokyo, Japan, with a profile of sweet, tart cherry.
- Caipirinha Cool has a destination of São Paulo, Brazil, with a profile of natural, refreshing limeade.
- Thai Treat has a destination of Bangkok, Thailand, with a profile of aromatic, succulent mango.
- Aruba Ariba has a destination of The Caribbean, with a profile of tangy, sweet, juicy tropical blend.
- Aztec Adventure has a destination of Mexico City, with a profile of mouth-watering prickly pear.
- California Dreamin’ has a destination of San Diego with a profile of zesty, aromatic citrus.
The collection is uniquely designed to support further innovation across customer product lines. Brands can conveniently mix and match flavors, producing more than 50 unique, mouth-watering flavor combinations that resonate with consumers.
Each Destination Flavor is developed using our pure, captive ingredients to deliver true-to-fruit, aromatic profiles product developers can feel good about in their beverage creations.
“Clean-label RTD alcoholic beverages put product developers to the test because low sweetness products are quite challenging to develop. But we make it easy by providing flavors paired with taste modulation technology developed by our collaborator SweeGen,” said Blue California’s Head of Flavors & Fragrances, Kathy Oglesby, in a statement.
The lower sugar content and calories drive consumer demand for the hard seltzer category. Consumers increasingly recognize it as a better-for-you alternative because it is refreshing, light, and low in calories. “For the health-conscious consumer lifestyle, these Destination Flavors meet the market demand for improved taste, wider choices and simple ingredients,” Oglesby said.
Hard seltzers are the fastest-growing product in the RTD alcoholic beverage category, globally reporting a value at $4.4 billion in 2019. The product category is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.6 percent from 2020 to 2027, reaching $14.51 billion by 2027.