In celebration of its 125 year anniversary, Pepsi is officially ushering in its next era while honoring its storied legacy, as the brand’s new logo begins to roll out in stores nationwide. Pepsi will celebrate its iconic history where it has lived at the center of pop culture ― in sports, music, and entertainment ― and looks ahead to the brand’s next 125 years.
On Aug. 28, the brand will start the party by offering free Pepsi to everyone across the United States, and over the course of the 125 days leading up to New Year’s Eve, the brand will launch 125 various types of programming including immersive events, social content moments and giveaways. Each touchpoint and its corresponding programming will revisit and reimagine the impactful and culture-driving moments fans have cherished throughout the brand’s rich history just as the new Pepsi logo, which pays homage to past brand looks, comes to life for consumers wherever they shop, dine, play and scroll, ushering in the next era of culture-defining moments, the company says.
To kick off the 125th birthday celebrations, Pepsi is announcing the opening of The Pepsi 125 Diner, an immersive restaurant experience set to open its doors in early October in New York City. Inspired by the timeless American diner, as well as the role diners have played as a setting for some of the most memorable moments of Pepsi, including “Is Pepsi OK,” “The Pepsi Girl,” “Pepsi-Cola Soda Shop” and many more, The Pepsi 125 Diner will bring to life the unapologetic enjoyment the brand has become known for:
- The restaurant’s design will artfully mirror the sets of some of the most memorable Pepsi commercials and feature real, one-of-a-kind memorabilia from the Pepsi archives, while also celebrating the brand’s new look and feel.
- A specially created indulgent food menu, proving that food is indeed Better With Pepsi, will feature mouthwatering diner favorites alongside unique Pepsi creations, old and new:
- Viral sensations from Pepsi such as Pepsi PILK
- Celebrated limited time flavor offerings like Crystal Pepsi and Pepsi-Cola Soda Shop
- Eat-it-to-believe-it Pepsi food creations like Pepsi-Colachup and much more.
The Pepsi 125 Diner will open Oct. 19-25, in the heart of New York City. Seating will be booked at two-hour increments with tickets starting at $50 a person. Attendance includes a full three course meal, complimentary Pepsi beverages and cocktails (pending age verification), and a front row seat for an immersive Pepsi experience.
Consumers can visit pepsidiner.com/ to sign up for priority pre-sale access, guaranteeing an opportunity to score tickets before they go on-sale to the public next month. The first 25 fans who sign up for priority access and confirm a booking once available will score limited edition Pepsi swag, ensuring their place in history while transporting them into a time capsule of iconic Pepsi moments.
For those outside of the New York area, five Pepsi fanatics will be awarded a trip with a friend to New York City to experience the diner in person, through the Pepsi 125 Diner sweepstakes, open now at PepsiDinerSweepstakes.com.
“Pepsi has become an iconic brand over the past 125 years with a rich legacy of challenging the status quo in pursuit of enjoyment ― both in the beverage industry and pop culture at large. As we celebrate the brand's historic milestone over the next 125 days, we will honor some of our most cherished cultural moments as we look ahead towards our next chapter with the rollout of the new Pepsi logo and visual identity,” said Todd Kaplan, chief marketing officer of Pepsi, in a statement. “The Pepsi 125 Diner will bring the best of Pepsi all together under one roof ― from some of our favorite advertisements to our biggest music moments to our rarest product experiences, and so much more ― it will truly be a one-of-a-kind immersive experience unlike anything else.”
The 125th anniversary of Pepsi coincides with the official transition to the brand’s new logo and visual identity across all touchpoints including packaging, signage, equipment and more, marking the next era for the iconic brand. As consumers begin to spot the new visual identity on store shelves, Pepsi will celebrate its birthday, its future and its loyal fans in a number of ways:
- On Aug. 28, the official brand birthday, fans can text “PEPSI125” to 81234 to get a free Pepsi subject to Terms and Conditions.
- A new suite of high energy commercials to start airing this fall, showing Pepsi at the center of the most fun and accessible moments in life with family and friends. Featuring the new brand design that showcases a bold typeface, signature pulse and an updated color palette, including the color black highlighting the brand’s commitment to Pepsi Zero Sugar, the new spots, set to run across linear and digital platforms, highlight that while consumers favorite Pepsi products will look different on-shelf, in-store and at restaurants, the great crisp, refreshing taste of Pepsi products remains the same.