New Amsterdam Vodka, a brand of Modesto, Calif.-based New Amsterdam Spirits Co., and the NHL announced a multi-year U.S. partnership naming New Amsterdam Vodka the Official Vodka of the NHL.
New Amsterdam Vodka will be featured in NHL programming throughout the regular season and the Stanley Cup Playoffs, as well as during the league's premier events, including the NHL Winter Classic, NHL Stadium Series and NHL All-Star Game.
New Amsterdam Vodka's flagship creative campaign, Pour Your Soul Out, reflects fans' excitement of celebrating competition, is inspired by the brand's own journey, and will be brought to life through NHL programming, the company says.
"When you have an uncompromising passion and a competitive spirit, you can achieve great things. This is the philosophy behind our award-winning vodka," said Michael Sachs, director of marketing for New Amsterdam Spirits, in a statement. "The NHL encompasses this same winning philosophy by putting it all on the ice every night, resulting in a league with robust competitive traditions and the toughest, most exciting athletes in the world. We are thrilled to bring these two hard-working brands together, which will lead to a winning partnership."
David Lehanski, NHL senior vice president of business development and global partnerships added: "New Amsterdam Vodka is a strong brand and one of the world's fastest growing distilled spirits. Through this partnership, we will collaborate to develop meaningful connections around compelling NHL experiences."
As an official partner of the NHL, New Amsterdam Vodka will be integrated into several league assets throughout the entire 2018-19 season:
- In-game activations during the regular season and playoffs
- A multi-faceted 360-degree campaign across broadcast, digital and social channels, and NHL media partners, including NBC, NBC Sports Network, NHL Network and NHL.TV
- Reaching consumers on all NHL's digital channels, including NHL.com and the NHL App
- Camera-visible signage for every Stanley Cup Playoffs and Stanley Cup Final game occurring in the U.S.
- Custom content series to run on NHL's digital channels
- A mix of retail programming, bar and restaurant visibility, hospitality, in-game assets and TV promotion around premier events such as the NHL Winter Classic, NHL Stadium Series and NHL All-Star Game
In addition, New Amsterdam Vodka consumers will receive access to co-branded merchandise and earn opportunities to win tickets and exclusive experiences to NHL parties and premier events.
New Amsterdam Vodka also will expand its league support with NHL team sponsorships, building its presence on the local level as well as the national level. Local team sponsorships will be announced in the coming weeks.
"Our consumers are very passionate people — particularly when it comes to sports — and we have no doubt they will be thrilled to bring their favorite vodka into the conversation with their favorite sports league," Sachs said. "We look forward to connecting them with premiere NHL events around the country."