Dunkin' Donuts, Canton, Mass., announced that it is the first national coffee chain to enable gifting and payment within Messages in iOS 10. Dunkin' Donuts fans now can access the Dunkin' Mobile App through the App Store for iMessage to deliver mobile Dunkin' Donuts gift cards to friends, family and colleagues as quickly and simply as sending an emoji, it says.
Now, consumers have the option to purchase Dunkin' Donuts mGifts in Messages using Apple Pay, making it even easier to share a Dunkin' gift in a way that's secure and private, the company says. Once received, the mGifts can be easily moved into the Dunkin' Mobile App and registered for use.
The Dunkin' Mobile App allows users to pay right from the app with their virtual Dunkin' Donuts Card. The App also lets users browse the menu, locate the nearest Dunkin' Donuts restaurant, access their DD Perks account to find mobile coupons and offers, and more, it says.
Functionality improvements made to the Dunkin' Mobile App include:
- Multiple Device Login: Consumers now are able to log in with the same DD Perks account across multiple devices.
- 3-D Touch "Quick Actions": Users on iPhone 6S and higher now can utilize the "3-D Touch" functionality to get to their favorite options.
- New Home Screen Layout: The tiles in the app home page have been reordered to provide users with easier access to the My Card tab.
- Text Reader Functionality: The app allows users who have this feature enabled in iOS or Android operating systems to have key features read verbally for those unable to read the icons.
- Other enhancements and system improvements.
Guests can purchase Dunkin' Donuts products by simply tapping the mobile Dunkin' Donuts Card and presenting the screen to the crew member to be scanned, the company says. Through the app, members of the DD Perks Rewards Program can access On-the-Go Ordering as well, allowing them to order, pay in advance and then skip the line in store to pick up their favorite menu items, it adds.
Additionally, Dunkin' Donuts also is helping consumers show and share their love of Dunkin' with brand stickers available in Messages in iOS 10. Dunkin' Donuts stickers make it easy and fun to add images of hot or iced coffee to the conversation or make sweet talk sweeter with donut sayings, dozens, Munchkins Donut Hole Treats and more, it says. Developed by Snaps Media Inc., the stickers can be downloaded for free directly from the App Store for iMessage and are compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running iOS 10.
"Dunkin' Donuts is committed to leveraging the best and most innovative technologies to provide our guests with greater levels of convenience. Apple Pay in our stores and our app is already very popular and we are excited have stickers in Messages and create new ways for people to enjoy our coffee, food and beverages, and to share their love for our brand," said Sherrill Kaplan, vice president of digital Marketing & Innovation for Dunkin' Brands, in a statement.