Michelob ULTRA is teaming up with the NBA to unveil the 2022-2023 Michelob ULTRA NBA Team Cans to coincide with Art Basel.
To debut year two of the collection, the beer brand is bringing basketball fans the ultimate digital art pop-up experience where some of the biggest sports and entertainment stars will come together to celebrate the joy that beer and basketball brings to NBA fans everywhere.
“Michelob ULTRA is proud to partner with the NBA to bring fans a new way to support their favorite team and enjoy the game they love,” said Ricardo Marques, vice president of marketing for Michelob ULTRA, in a statement. “As the beer brand known for superior enjoyment, the Michelob ULTRA NBA Team Cans represent the joy and passion that fans have for their teams. We’re excited to bring this year’s Team Cans to life with a first-ever digital art experience and remind fans everywhere: no matter who you root for, it’s only worth it if you enjoy it.”
The 2022-2023 NBA Team Cans were designed by six dynamic artists with their own unique style who bring the new collection to life in a way that represents the pride, joy, and culture of each city’s team:
● Jacob Rochester – Took a lo-fi analog approach, infusing collaged and scanned imagery throughout the Los Angeles Lakers, Memphis Grizzlies, Miami Heat, Dallas Mavericks and Orlando Magic team cans.
● Chuck Anderson – Returns to the Michelob ULTRA NBA Team Cans roster to bring bold, powerful, intense and thoughtful designs to instantly recognizable and iconic teams, including the Chicago Bulls and Utah Jazz.
● Bradley Ward – H-town based artist reps his hometown team, the Houston Rockets, by infusing classic elements from the “Clutch City”. Bradley also designed the New Orleans Pelicans Team Can, which boldly features the team’s colors of midnight blue, red, gold and white.
● Josanna Torrocha – Took inspiration from the role currency plays in basketball slang to create designs for the New York Knicks, Detroit Pistons, Atlanta Hawks and Philadelphia 76ers.
● Eric Elms – A visual story can be found throughout Eric Elms’ designs, as he took inspiration from each team’s fandoms and the slogans they use to cheer on their teams including the Golden State Warriors, Oklahoma City Thunder, San Antonio Spurs, Washington Wizards and the Charlotte Hornets.
● BigShot Robot – The Milwaukee-based artist known for creating colorful explosions and explorations of curiosity, vibrancy, humor, and movement, drew inspiration from his relationship with the city and the Milwaukee Bucks team to pay homage to its two championship seasons.
The collection comes just in time for the NBA’s holiday game schedule and gives fans another way to cheer on their favorite team while enjoying their favorite beer with a one-of-a-kind Michelob ULTRA can created just for them.
This year’s Michelob ULTRA NBA Team Cans are available for a limited time beginning at local beverage retailers and arenas in participating markets.