On National Root Beer Float Day, Thursday, Aug. 6, Sprecher Brewing Co., Glendale, Wis., is all-hands-on-deck to set a Guinness World Records title for the World's Largest Root Beer Float Drive-Thru.
Throughout the day, the craft beverage company will give away thousands of free root beer floats outside of its brewery in Glendale, Wis. The floats will include Sprecher's award-winning fire-brewed root beer, which includes locally sourced ingredients like Wisconsin honey, along with scoops of Cedar Crest ice cream, another premium Midwest brand.
There is currently no world record holder, so Sprecher will submit the results to Guinness after the event for certification. People from near and far are invited to be part of history.
The Great Sprecher Root Beer Floatilla begins at noon and ends at 8 p.m. CT. Crowds will proceed in drive-thru style. While the floats are free, Sprecher encourages attendees to make an online donation to Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin by texting FLOAT to 41444.
"This free float event is the perfect way for us to bring everyone together to celebrate summer and have fun in what has otherwise been a really tough year," said Sharad Chadha, chief executive officer of Sprecher Brewing, in a statement.
Those unable to attend can still celebrate by replicating a Sprecher's root beer float at home:
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 bottle of Sprecher Root Beer
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 2 glass mugs or tall glasses
- Optional: Wet the mug or glass with cold water and place in freezer for one hour for a frosted beverage.
- Place a scoop or two of ice cream into each mug/glass.
- Gently pour Sprecher root beer over ice cream at an angle to reduce fizz.
- Add another scoop of ice cream and repeat.
- Optional: Top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
- Serve and enjoy.
Report Abusive Comment