The calendar and climate still say summer, but for pumpkin lovers across the country, the excitement and demand for the favorite flavor of fall already is here. Canton, Mass.-based Dunkin’ is fulfilling fans’ fall wishes by bringing back classic Pumpkin Flavored Coffees, introducing a new pumpkin espresso beverage and even rebranding eight Dunkin’ shops across the U.S. as Pumpkin’ to serve guests a first taste for free.
Dunkin’s fall lineup will arrive at participating Dunkin’ restaurants nationwide by Aug. 21, led by the new Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Signature Latte. On Aug. 14, eight Dunkin’ restaurants will make the start of pumpkin season clear to all by changing the store’s signage from Dunkin’ to Pumpkin’ and serving free Pumpkin Flavored Coffees and pumpkin-scented MUNCHKINS lip balm.
Citing data from Nielsen, Dunkin’ highlights annual sales of pumpkin flavored products were up 15.5 percent in 2018 and setting an all-time high for the past five years. To help satisfy seasonal cravings, Dunkin’ is offering the following variety of pumpkin choices for a limited time:
- New Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Signature Latte: The new Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Signature Latte, available hot or iced, features pumpkin and cinnamon flavors, topped with whipped cream, a caramel drizzle and cinnamon sugar topping.
- Pumpkin Flavored Coffees: Dunkin’s Pumpkin Flavored Coffees are available in its hot or iced coffee, Cold Brew, espresso drinks, frozen coffee and frozen chocolate.
- New Apple Cider Donut and MUNCHKINS donut hole treats: Dunkin’s Apple Cider Donut feature an apple cider cake ring tossed in cinnamon sugar.
- Pumpkin Donut and Muffin: Back again for fall is Dunkin’s Pumpkin Donut, a glazed pumpkin cake donut that also can be enjoyed as bite-size MUNCHKINS donut hole treats, as well as Dunkin’s Pumpkin Muffin, topped with white icing and sweet streusel crumbs.
- Pumpkin K-Cup Pods: Guests can take the taste of Pumpkin home with Dunkin’s Pumpkin K-Cup Pods, available at participating Dunkin’ restaurants for a limited time. Pumpkin flavored K-Cup Pods and packaged coffee also will be available in grocery and other retailers nationwide as well as online at http://shop.dunkindonuts.com.
Complete with new exterior signage and festive décor, eight Dunkin’ stores will rebrand to Pumpkin’ where the first 250 guests will receive a free small hot or iced Pumpkin Flavored Coffee, while supplies last. Dunkin’ also will offer guests a free pumpkin-scented MUNCHKINS lip balm, while supplies last.
To find out the eight stores, the initial letters of seven of the cities and towns where the temporarily rebranded Dunkin’s will be located spell out the word P-U-M-P-K-I-N-’. Consumers can follow @Dunkin on Instagram for clues on where Dunkin’s Pumpkin’ restaurants will pop up.