As the second-largest generation next to baby boomers, millennials are an important group for brands to reach. Yet the ways to influence this group remains a mystery to many brand-owners, according to The Hartman Group Inc. Therefore, the company posted five traits to keep in mind when trying to reach millennials:
1. Millennials are brand agnostic, meaning they do not have a relationship with the brands they buy.
2. Millennials believe technology has had a negative impact on social interaction and communication.
3. Typical product category use by millennials does not diverge greatly from other generations.
4. Millennials don’t want to be advertised “to;” they want to be advertised “with.”
5. Millennials are no more likely than older consumers to consider environmental concerns when shopping.