Sensient Flavors & Extracts introduced its Boundless line of multifaceted chili extracts. Through years of vertically integrated farming, agronomy technology and advanced processing capabilities, Boundless chili extracts ensure delivery of consistent heat, color and taste in products that will excite consumers looking for new and electrifying taste experiences, the company says. Additionally, the new line offers extended shelf life without diminishing consistency in flavor performance or taste. These chili extracts introduce creative flexibility, allowing product developers to use chilies in new ways and with expanded food types.
The Boundless line of chilies features the following varietals:
• Ancho Chili: A chili that brings hints of coffee, anise, dried plum and raisin with an undertone of wood. It works well in baked goods, alcoholic and non-alcohol beverages and dairy products.
• Chipotle Chili: Dried red jalapeños are smoked to produce subtle tobacco and chocolate undertones, making the extract a versatile player in all kinds of foods and beverages.
• Green Jalapeño: A crisp, vibrant vegetable flavor coupled with typical jalapeño heat brings a new twist to this longtime, and often home-grown, favorite.
• Habañero Chili: A sweet and floral flavor with hints of fruity apricot, pear and apple notes offers an alternative to the more traditional chili uses.
• Red Jalapeño: Another chili with sweet, warm flavor notes to provide that burst of pepper taste to boost other ingredients.
“The Boundless chili extracts cover a wide range of chili profiles, from the expected pepper taste and aroma to more subtle, smoky, salty and even sweet notes,” said Kevin Barasa, extracts global product manager, in a statement. “Consumers overwhelmingly prefer a medium pepper experience, and these extracts are designed to bring just enough heat to make their presence known without overwhelming other flavors.”
In utilizing the Boundless line of chili extracts, variances in heat and taste are minimized, assuring year-over-year taste consistency. Along with desirable taste profiles, these extracts can help simplify the manufacturing process, the company says.
Sensient Flavors & Extracts, 5115 Sedge Blvd., Hoffman Estates, Ill. 60192; 847/645-7000; www.sensientflavorsandextracts.com.
Report Abusive Comment