Natural Beverages, Volume Thirteen,in theScience of Beveragesseries, takes a multidisciplinary approach to address the shifting beverage landscape towards the global trend of natural beverages. As global beverage consumption has progressed towards healthier and ‘natural’ ingredients, researchers and scientists need to understand the latest scientific developments and the proposed health benefits and improved effects. Classical examples are presented as a basis for innovation expansion to help new researchers understand this segment of the industry. This is a great resource for researchers and scientists in the beverages industry.
Describes natural beverage production and its impact on nutritional value
Provides overall coverage of hot topics and scientific principles in the beverage industry
Explores the pros and cons of natural vs. artificial beverages in product development
Covers the production of all commonly consumed ‘natural’ beverages
Food scientists, food chemists, food microbiologists, food engineers in the beverages sector (R&D, Gov. and academia)
Table of Contents
1. An Overview About the Natural Beverages
2. Natural Beverages and their Role as Functional Foods
3. Natural Beverages of Assam and Its Ethno Medicinal Value
4. The Natural Beverages of the Iranian Cuisine
5. Herbal Beverages as a Source of Antioxidant Phenolics
6. Honey and Syrups: Healthy and Natural Sweeteners with Functional Properties
7. Aguamiel: a Fresh Beverage from Agave spp. Sap with Functional Properties
8. Whey and Buttermilk: Neglected Sources of Valuable Beverages
9. Canapa Sativa L. and Moringa Oleifera as Naturally Functional Beverages: Innovative Trends
10. Hops: New Perspectives for an Old Beer Ingredient
11. Fruit and Vegetable Based Beverages: Nutritional Properties and Health Benefits
12. Neera: A Non-Alcoholic Nutritious Beverage from Unopened Inflorescence of Coconut Palm
13. Trends and Possibilities of the Usage of Medicinal Herbal Extracts in Beverage Production
14. Natural Fermented Beverages
15. Natural and Artificial Beverages: Exploring the pros and cons
Get our new eMagazine delivered to your inbox every month.
Stay in the know on the latest beverage industry marketplace trends.