Opportunities in the Americas Spirits Sector
November 2019, 125 pages
The Americas had a value share of 20.6% in the global spirits sector in 2018, representing the second largest regional market. The region is expected to register a value CAGR of 3.7% over the forecast period (2018-2023). The Americas held the third highest per capita consumption of spirits in 2018 at 5.3 liters. The region held the third highest per capita expenditure of US$232.5 in 2018, after Eastern Europe (US$323.3) and Western Europe (US$273.7). At a country level, the US held a 71.2% value share in the sector with US$119,928.6 million in 2018, which is projected to reach US$146,640.7 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 4.1% during 2018-2023. The overall spirits sector in the Americas is fragmented, with the top five companies, accounting for 25.1% of overall volume sales in the sector in 2018. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the Americas spirits sector with a volume share of 29.3% in 2018, followed by food & drinks specialists, which accounted for 18.9% share. Glass was the most commonly used pack material in the Americas spirits sector, accounting for a 93.3% share in 2018.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of Americas spirits sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Americas spirits sector, analyzing data from 16 countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by categories.
- Change in consumption: Provides a shift in the consumption of spirits by markets across different countries in the Americas region.
- High potential countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of four countries in the Americas based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends, supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Company Analysis: Provides an overview of leading companies in the Americas region, besides analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the spirits sector in 2018. It covers six distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, food & drinks specialists, convenience stores, e-retailers, on trade and others, which includes cash & carries and warehouse clubs, department stores, and others.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various pack materials, pack type, closure type, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of spirits.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis, that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances.
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis)
Market size analysis - Americas compared to other regions
Americas - analysis by regions
Growth analysis by region
Growth analysis by country
Growth analysis by category
3. Identifying high potential countries in the Americas
Identifying high potential countries - methodology
High potential countries in Americas
Risk and reward analysis - opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis (high potential countries in the Americas)
High potential countries in the Americas - overview
Growth contribution analysis by country
Share of spirits compared to other alcoholic beverage sectors
Change in consumption levels by country and spirits categories
Per capita consumption analysis
Per capita expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles (high potential countries in the Americas)
6. Success stories
Spirits in the Americas: case studies
7. Company and brand analysis
Leading company share analysis in the spirits sector
Company and brand share analysis
Leading players by categories in the spirits sector
Leading brands by categories in the spirits sector
Private label penetration in the spirits sector
8. Key distribution channels
Leading distribution channels by countries
Leading distribution channels by categories
9. Key packaging formats
Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and future outlook
14. About GlobalData