Joseph Carr, celebrated vintner and founder of Josh Cellars Wines, and highly acclaimed winemaker Jean Hoefliger, unveiled Force & Grace, a portfolio of California luxury wines.
Showcasing the balance between power and elegance, Hoefliger’s approach to winemaking is customized for every vintage and variety, resulting in distinctive wines of origin that speak to the art inside of each bottle and celebrate the beauty of California’s climate and geography, the company says. Introduced by Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits, the collection of six fine wines is available nationwide in limited quantities.
Now a celebrated vintner, Joseph Carr was a high school wrestling champion before he studied and practiced modern dance in college. Drawing inspiration from these two seemingly incongruous disciplines, Force & Grace was born, the company notes. It embodies these important influences in Carr’s life and the careful balance he and Hoefliger seek to create in this new collection of fine wines, it says.
“My journey to becoming a vintner was a unique one. Long before I found my passion in winemaking, I was a wrestler and modern dance performer,” Carr said in a statement. “These Force & Grace wines celebrate the influence of those two passions in my life, and I’m thrilled to introduce our newest portfolio of California wines.”
The Force & Grace Inaugural Collection:
• Carneros Chardonnay: An oak aged white wine, extremely balanced with bright flavors on the palate.
• Paso Robles Cabernet: A dense and textured wine with concentrated ripe berries and velvety tannins.
• Napa Valley Cabernet: A bright and silky wine that evolves as it lingers on the palate.
• Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon: A meticulously blended wine from multiple diverse sites in the famous Rutherford appellation; a wine with dark red color, savory notes, and an elegant tannin structure, with strong ageability.
• Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon: A wonderfully complex, powerful yet elegant, and remarkably finessed wine.
• Revelist Cabernet Sauvignon: Sourced mainly from renowned Oakville and Rutherford appellations this cellar-worthy wine features a depth of flavor, complexity of character, and distinctly polished personality.
The Force & Grace Inaugural Collection now is available nationwide for purchase at select retailers and by visiting the company’s website.