Food and Beverage Management
- Coverage: Provides a thorough guide to the principles and practices underlying the effective day-to-day operation and management of food and beverage outlets. It covers commonly taught content on F & B management modules in a systematic way that can be used on 12 week courses. In particular this book covers finance, menu planning, design, pricing and quality management where other books available do not (Cousins et al x 2).
- Accessibility. Written at the appropriate level for students and suitable across all levels of study and includes an unrivalled range of features to aid understanding and teaching. Of particular note is the review and activities and international case studies covering the latest industry developments within a wide range of businesses. This new edition will include more from ROW markets.
- Currency: This edition has also been updated to offer better and current coverage of trends such as: events management, use of technology, customer management and sustainability.
- Online Resources. An updated and enhanced CWS including: PPT’s, additional case studies, multiple choice questions, video and web links.
This introductory textbook provides a thorough guide to the management of food and beverage outlets, from their day-to-day running through to the wider concerns of the hospitality industry. It explores the broad range of subject areas that encompass the food and beverage market and its main sectors – fast food and casual dining, hotels and quality restaurants and event, industrial and welfare catering. It also looks at some of the important trends affecting the food and beverage industry, covering consumers, the environment and ethical concerns as well as developments in technology.
New to this edition:
- New chapter: Classifying food and drink service operations.
- New international case studies throughout covering the latest industry developments within a wide range of businesses.
- Enhanced coverage of financial aspects, including forecasting and menu pricing with respective examples of costings.
- New coverage of contemporary trends, including events management, use of technology, use of social media in marketing, customer management and environmental concerns, such as sourcing, sustainability and waste management.
- Updated companion website, including new case studies, PowerPoint slides, multiple choice questions, revision notes, true or false questions, short answer questions and new video and web links per chapter.
It is illustrated in full colour and contains in-chapter activities as well as end-of-chapter summaries and revision questions to test the readers' knowledge as they progress. Written by a team of authors with many years of industry practice and teaching experience, this book is the ideal guide to the subject for hospitality students and industry practitioners alike.
January 12, 2018
Textbook - 380 Pages - 105 Color Illustrations