Consumers are becoming more interested in the quality and nutritional benefits of the beverages and foods they are choosing. Fiber, in particular, is becoming a popular wellness ingredient because consumers are aware of its multifaceted benefits, especially for digestive health.
Kyowa Hakko USA, Ganeden Biotech release studies highlighting ingredient fortification
January 16, 2015
According to a recent consumer survey by Kyowa Hakko USA Inc., New York, only 16 percent of consumers would give their immune systems an A grade, leaving 84 percent of consumers looking for ways to support their less-than-perfect body defenses.
Ingredion Inc., Westchester, Ill., has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Centennial, Colo.-based Penford Corp., a U.S.-based leader in specialty ingredients for food and non-food applications.
When it comes to viral infections like the common cold or influenza, washing one’s hands is one of the most common forms of prevention recommended from institutions like Mayo Clinic or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The May 2015 issue of Beverage Industry includes a cover story about custom messaging for baby boomers, as well as articles about NVE Pharmaceuticals, sports and protein drinks and more. Check it out today!