Beverage News / Juice & Juice Drinks

Lassonde Industries completes acquisition of Apple & Eve

Transaction totaled nearly $148 million instead of anticipated $150 million

Lassonde Industries Inc., a manufacturer and marketer of fruit juices and juice drinks based in Rougemont, Quebec, completed its previously announced acquisition of Apple & Eve LLC, Port Washington, N.Y., for a total cash consideration of $147.9 million. This amount reflects a preliminary adjustment of $2.1 million to the net working capital of the previously announced $150 million consideration and is subject to additional adjustments.

As a result of the transaction, Lassonde now has a beneficial ownership of 90 percent of Apple & Eve and its complete line of fruit juice and juice drink brands, which are distributed across the United States. Members of the Lassonde family own the remaining 10 percent equity interest through their existing equity interest in the acquiring U.S. subsidiary US Juice Partners LLC and a proportionate capital contribution to the acquisition financing.

The acquisition and certain fees have been financed as follows: $75 million under the term credit facility of a Lassonde U.S. subsidiary; $67.5 million from a combination of cash, cash equivalents on hand, and Lassonde's Canadian operating credit facility; and the remaining $7.5 million provided by equity investment of members of the Lassonde family. Financing fees are estimated at $2 million, while other fees related to the transaction are estimated at $3.5 million.

Apple & Eve was founded by the Crane family 40 years ago and offers more than 100 different juice products sold under its flagship brand name, Apple & Eve, as well as a portfolio of sub-brands including Organics, Fruitables, Quenchers, Waterfruits and Sesame Street. Additionally, it owns and markets juices under the Northland, Seneca and The Switch brand names.

Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to Beverage Industry

You must login or register in order to post a comment.

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

How beer brands are using social media to connect with consumers

Social media has become a buzzword for not just American consumers but also the business environment. Companies are turning to various social media channels to create brand awareness or possibly boost retail sales. Beer brands also are turning to social media to make their stories heard. Brand Chorus, a division of New York-based TippingGardner, conducted a Beer StoryScore Index for Beverage Industry. StoryScore is a quantitative measure of a brand’s storytelling through social management based on creativity, strategy and personality.

Click here to view infographic in PDF format.

2/18/15 2:00 pm EST

A Healthy Future: Analyzing the latest health and wellness trends in the beverage market

The beverage marketplace continues to evolve to meet new trends and regulations. Our expert speakers will share with you their insight on what health and wellness topics will be paramount for the future success in the beverage industry.

Podcasts

Gert van Manen, president of iTi Tropicals Inc., shares his insights on the U.S. coconut water market. Citing research from Krueger Food Laboratories, he also supplies information highlighting the difference between products that declare their added sugars and those that do not.

Beverage Industry Magazine

BI April 2015 cover

2015 April

The April 2015 Beverage Industry includes a cover story on Zevia's natural sweetener, as well as articles on CSDs, whiskey, and more. Check it out today!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

CSD Category

What innovation or trend could reinvigorate the CSD category?
View Results Poll Archive

THE BEVERAGE INDUSTRY STORE

cleaning-in-place-dairy-foo.gif
Cleaning-in-Place: Dairy, Food and Beverage Operations, 3rd Edition

This book addresses the principles of cleaning operations, water supply issues and the science of detergents and disinfectants.

More Products

Beverage Insider eNewsletter

Are you an Insider? Subscribe to Beverage Industry’s weekly e-newsletter to receive news headlines, new product information and magazine highlights.   

STAY CONNECTED

facebook40 twitter    youtubelinkedgoogle+ icon 40px

Webinars

Beverage Industry Webinars are an easy, effective and convenient way to get educated and informed on the latest industry trends and topics. All Webinars are FREE unless indicated. For more information, check out our Events page!