Pepsi releases ‘Beats of the Beautiful Game’ album
Eclectic mix of music artists unites to celebrate soccer
Purchase, N.Y.-based PepsiCo's Pepsi brand released its complete 11-track “Beats of the Beautiful Game” album, an exclusive collection of anthemic songs by chart-topping musicians inspired by the energy and spirit of football, which is known as soccer in the United States.
The complete album is available for purchase internationally on iTunes and includes tracks by U.S. artists Kelly Rowland, Janelle Monae, Rita Ora, Don Omar, Timbaland, Santigold, R3HAB and Jetta alongside international musicians Pearls Negras of Brazil, Jolin Tsai of Taiwan, and Hassan El Shafei of Egypt. In addition to the album, the artists' songs served as inspiration for 11 short films by directors including Spike Lee, Idris Elba, Jessy Terrero, Diego Luna, Andy Morahan and The Kolton Brothers, among others.
"Pepsi ‘Beats of the Beautiful Game’ provides a unique view into the culture of the most popular sport in the world," said Frank Cooper III, chief marketing officer of global consumer engagement at PepsiCo Global Beverages Group, in a statement. "It introduces powerful new music from superstars and emerging artists and features those songs in short films by some of the world's most dynamic directors, highlighting an aspect of football culture. We hope that fans of both art forms find that this unique combination embodies the true spirit of the beautiful game."
Since May 12, Pepsi has debuted a new track and corresponding short film every week. The full album's track list includes the following songs and short films:
• Janelle Monae, "Heroes," with film by The Young Astronauts
• R3hab feat. Eva Simons, "Unstoppable," with film by Idris Elba
• Don Omar, "Pura Vida," with film by Jessy Terrero
• Kelly Rowland, "The Game," with film by Spike Lee
• Rita Ora, "I Will Never Let You Down (Switch Remix)," with film by Diego Luna
• Santigold, "Kicking Down Doors," with film by Andy Morahan
• Timbaland staring Rachel Assil, "Whoever We Are," with film by The Kolton Brothers
• Jetta, "Crescendo"
• Pearls Negras, "Guerreira," with film by Cine Favela
• Jolin Tsai, "Now is the Time," with film by Cai Yiqi
• Hassan el Shafei, "Ahlam Men Gedial"
As the largest music, film and football collaboration in the brand's history, Pepsi’s “Beats of the Beautiful Game” audibly and visually captures the sights, sounds and stories that unite fans with the game of football, according to the brand. The album is part of Pepsi’s integrated 2014 football campaign, which is intended to bring fans closer to the game they love, it adds.
For more information about Pepsi’s “Beats of the Beautiful Game” album, visit www.pepsi.com/thegame.