- THE MAGAZINE
- CATEGORY FOCUS
- BEVERAGE R&D
To celebrate the creativity of Pinterest users and the launch of its new Real Inspiration Blend coffee, Minneapolis-based Caribou Coffee will unveil a 64-foot-tall Living Pinterest Board in the Mall of America on Feb. 3. Like the social media site, the display will offer interactive components with the goal of spreading inspiration to shoppers in the Bloomington, Minn., mall.
Consumers who visit the Living Pinterest Board between Feb. 3 and 13 will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in five interactive “pins” created by Caribou:
• An Inspiration Stage that will inspire fans to pursue their passions through demonstrations and performances by other lifestyle brands located in the mall.
• Real Inspiration Blend sampling that offers guests the opportunity to taste Caribou’s newest blend in a miniature Caribou Coffee.
• A Chalkboard Pin that invites guests to get creative and share what inspires them.
• A larger-than-life Caribou Coffee mug that will enhance the realism of the Living Pinterest Board experience.
• A Caribou photo booth that will feature fun, life-sized props and allow fans to capture the moment and share it with their social followers.
Pinterest also served as the inspiration behind Caribou Coffee’s new Real Inspiration Blend coffee. In 2013, Caribou Coffee asked its Pinterest fans to share what inspires them. Caribou roastmasters then drew inspiration from their “pins” and created a unique coffee blend with the purpose of encouraging fans to act on their inspirations, the company says.
Real Inspiration Blend features Latin American coffees and an Ethiopian coffee with notes of fruit and wine, according to the company. The 100 percent Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee is the first-ever Caribou coffee to launch simultaneously across coffeehouses and grocery stores, and it currently is available nationwide.
For more information about Caribou Coffee and its new Real Inspiration Blend, visit the brew’s Pinterest board at www.caribouinspires.com.